How is effective STEM (Science. Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) education implemented in Russia?
Some supporting questions that I will use to help me investigate this:
- How do societal values impact decisions?
- What is the role of experiential learning?
- How is student engagement supported?
- How are instructional materials utilized?
- What teaching strategies predominate?
I have some initial assumptions that may or may not be accurate. Although, there is an increasing emphasis on STEM in the US, I wonder if that will be even stronger in Russia. I suspect that STEM courses in Russia may be more rigorous than ours. I wonder about the amount of “voice and choice” that Russian students have in selecting courses of study, but also in selecting project topics within courses. What about labs and hands-on activities? Group work? Field trips? Implications of testing?
These are all aspects that interest me.